|Peter had a real big blob of slime. The kids said it was the best thing we did all year!|
|Here's a close up of the FUN, gooey, pink slime!|
|Do you want to know what to do with all your leftover half full glue bottles at the end of the year? MAKE SLIME!|
|Making Slime....it's a great end of year activity!|
Then add 1 teaspoon borax to a cup of warm water. Let it dissolve while you stir. Then add 1/2 cup of the borax mixture to each baggie. Then then need to "knead" it some more, for about 3 or 4 more minutes. You will see it start to coagulate and get slimy. It should be the consistency of silly putty when it is ready.
This is a fun and easy slime to make. Make it with white glue for opaque slime, or glue gel for translucent slime.
Recipe (Taken from HERE at Home Training Tools Blog)
- Elmer's white glue or Elmer's school glue gel
- Borax (find in the laundry detergent aisle of the store)
- Two bowls
- Food coloring (use NEON colors for the best colorful slime!)
What to do:
- In one bowl mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) glue and 1/2 cup water. Add food coloring if you want colored slime.
- In the other bowl, mix 1 teaspoon borax with 1 cup water until the borax is dissolved.
- Add the glue mixture to the borax solution, stirring slowly.
- The slime will begin to form immediately; stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky. (No one makes slime without getting a little messy!) Don't worry about any leftover water in the bowl; just pour it out.
|We made pink, orange, green and yellow slime.....|
|Some of the kids added marker lines to their slime and turned yellow to green....it's like Silly Putty!|
I wasn't real precise and all mine turned out great. If it is too lumpy and dry, add a bit more of the borax and water mixture, maybe 2 tablespoons more. It's a lot of fun to do one of the last days of school.